We’re Moving to the City!
COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – Internationale Friedensschule Köln – is building its new school campus closer to the city center, in an up-and-coming commercial and residential neighborhood of Cologne-Butzweilerhof.
With 19,000 m², we have the space to develop an ideal learning environment for our unique school community in a central and easily-accessible location. From summer 2022, we will continue our mission on our new campus: empowering young people to think independently and act responsibly in the global world of today and tomorrow.
Brand New, Environmentally-Friendly Campus
- Building design by Vollack GmbH & Co. KG with all stakeholders – student, parent and teacher representatives – involved in the planning process
- State-of-the-art facilities include subject labs, group and individual working areas, a cafeteria, an auditorium, a library, a spacious courtyard, and much more
- Boarding House with space for 20 international students, aged 15+
- Integration of bilingual, Montessori childcare for children aged 6 months to 6 years in cooperation with Vincerola Kindergarten
- Exceeding sustainability requirements – KFW efficiency house 55 with highly insulated facades, triple glazing, district heating, photovoltaic systems and diverse green spaces
Our School in the Media
DER BUTZWEILERHOF WIRD ZUM LERNORT
ABOUT COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- Our new campus will be located at the end of Rudi-Conin-Straße in Cologne Butzweilerhof
- 20 minutes by public transportation from Cologne main train station (Tram line 5 to Ikea am Butzweilerhof)
- 3 minutes from highway A57
- Shuttle: ride safely and comfortably in COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL’S school bus from the old campus in Widdersdorf to school and back
Latest Update on our New School Campus Construction in Cologne Butzweilerhof
The foundations are being poured and pillars are set up. Our new school campus will offer more study comfort and a range of facilities to all existing and future students, the staff and our guests.
Find out more about the construction in our blog article.
Submit project approval plans
Building permit obtained
Begin construction phase
Complete construction phase
Start school operations for the 2022/23 school year