OUR SCHOOL CAMPUS
We Moved to the City!
COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – Internationale Friedensschule Köln – has moved to its new school campus closer to the city center, in an up-and-coming commercial and residential neighborhood of Cologne-Butzweilerhof.
On an area of 19,000 m², we developed an ideal learning environment for our unique school community in a central and easily-accessible location. We continue our mission on our new campus: empowering young people to think independently and act responsibly in the global world of today and tomorrow.
Brand New, Environmentally-Friendly Campus
- Building design by Vollack GmbH & Co. KG with all stakeholders – student, parent and teacher representatives – involved in the planning process
- State-of-the-art facilities include subject labs, group and individual working areas, a cafeteria, an auditorium, a library, a spacious courtyard, and much more
- Boarding House with space for 20 international students, aged 15+
- Integration of bilingual, Montessori childcare for children aged 6 months to 6 years in cooperation with Vincerola Kindergarten
- Exceeding sustainability requirements – KFW efficiency house 55 with highly insulated facades, triple glazing, district heating, photovoltaic systems and diverse green spaces
Our School in the Media
DER BUTZWEILERHOF WIRD ZUM LERNORT
ABOUT COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- Our new campus will be located at the end of Rudi-Conin-Straße in Cologne Butzweilerhof
- 20 minutes by public transportation from Cologne main train station (Tram line 5 to Ikea am Butzweilerhof)
- 3 minutes from highway A57
- Shuttle: ride safely and comfortably in COLOGNE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL’S school bus from the old campus in Widdersdorf to school and back
Construction of our New School Campus in Cologne Butzweilerhof
On November 9, we celebrated our topping-out ceremony with guests and the project team of Vollack at our future school campus in Butzweilerhof.
Our new international school, built on the campus area of 12.500 square meters, offers space for up to 650 students and 150 employees. It will be the new home for our multinational school community with Bilingual Primary School, Gymnasium Bilingual + and International Secondary School under one roof. In addition, it will include a boarding house directly on the campus for 20 international students aged 15+ as well as a bilingual kindergarten for children aged 6 months to 6 years.
In addition, our new school campus is sustainable and energy efficient, saving up to 30 tons of CO2 per year. A spacious courtyard with trees and “green areas” for spending quality time outdoors surrounds the school building.
We are looking forward to seeing our new school completed in summer 2022!