On the bilingual campus of Cologne International School – Internationale Friedensschule Köln – people from more than 40 nations learn and teach according to international curricula (IB/PYP) and the NRW state curriculum. As a private school, we are constantly adapting our unique pedagogical concept to social developments and the latest research results. Multilingualism, teamwork, self-organization, creativity and commitment to one’s own ideas as well as the well-being of others are values
We employ teachers who identify with our school concept. Our faculty members are recruited from many different national and cultural backgrounds. We particularly value teachers who are open-minded and actively pursue their own professional development and growth and who are eager to benefit from working collaboratively as part of a team.
Starting 31st July 2023, we are looking for a
Tai Chi and Movement Instructor (Primary School)
reporting to Primary Management Team.
- An exciting bilingual education environment characterized by openness to new pedagogical insights and the convergence of different curricula
- The opportunity to contribute your own ideas and to contribute to the concept of the school
- A pleasant working atmosphere and good facilities
- Working hours between 7:50-16:15
- up to 14 teaching hours (part-time on 3 days per week)
- Hourly rate €26/ school hour (45 min)
- Initially 12 month contract
- Start date 31st July 2023
You should bring
- Current Tai-Chi Experience
- Previous teaching experience with primary age children
- Ability to promote a safe and fun environment for students
- Knowledge in techniques and dynamics of group fitness
- Good spoken English or German (English or German is language of instruction)
- Computer / media proficiency
- Interest in working in and being part of an innovative international team
- Openness for new ideas, readiness for future-oriented education
- Flexibility and adaptability to new culture
Planning and Assessment
- Meet and work with sport team for planning
- Plan effectively to maximize student learning
- Offer parent meetings 2-3 times per year to share information about students’ progress
- Treat all students equitably, fairly, and respectfully
- Inform students of learning goals and assessment criteria at the beginning and regularly revisit those elements
- Group and regroup students flexibly, attending to student similarities, differences, and specific learning goals
- Evaluate own teaching critically to assess effectiveness
- Manage time, space, and resources effectively
- Establish a classroom culture conducive to learning with established agreements and a shared sense of purpose
- Seek professional growth and aim to expand own knowledge and skills
- Engage in regular reflective practice and dialogue
- Show flexibility by at times ‘going the extra mile’
Find out more about our school concept.
If you are interested, please send your application (Cover letter und CV) to:
Our Job Offers:
Teacher of Chemistry and Coordinated Science
We are looking for a motivated and inspiring teacher of Chemistry and Coordinated Science with excellent subject knowledge who is committed to supporting the progress of all students.
Tai Chi and Movement Instructor (Honorar Basis)
Starting 31st July 2023, we are looking for a Tai Chi and Movement Instructor in our Primary School.
Teacher of Computer Science
Starting August 2023, we are looking for a committed, motivated and inspiring Teacher of Computer Science with excellent subject knowledge.
Full Time Teacher of Maths and Science
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Full Time Teacher of Maths and Science.
Part Time Science Teacher
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Part Time Science Teacher with 13 hours per week.
Part Time Maths Teacher
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Part Time Maths Teacher with 14 hours per week.
Working student in project management
Starting August 2022, we are looking for a Working student in project management.