On the bilingual campus of Cologne International School – Internationale Friedensschule Köln – people from more than 50 nations learn and teach- from KiTa to International Baccalaureate. Our first-class education is our trademark: We contribute to a better world by inspiring a passion for learning along with the drive to make a difference.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic
Secondary School Teacher specializing in Visual Arts and Sports
for the MYP (Middle Years Programme) and DP (Diploma Programme) of the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. Please be advised that this is a one year maternity leave cover position.
The right candidate will also recognise that excellent pastoral care is also essential to student development, and be willing to support this in non-curricular roles such as homeroom teacher or during self directed learning times as an advisor or coach.
- Develop and deliver engaging Visual Arts and Sports lessons aligned with the MYP and DP frameworks. The role entails approximately 12 teaching hours of Visual Arts and 13 teaching hours of Sports, however, this may be subject to change.
- Foster a dynamic and inclusive learning environment that promotes curiosity and critical thinking.
- Assess student progress in Visual Arts and Sports and provide constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with colleagues to design interdisciplinary projects and activities.
- Participate actively in school events, parent-teacher conferences, and professional development activities.
- Support and promote the school’s ethos
- Engage students in the effective delivery of the curriculum through excellent subject knowledge and diverse lesson content that reflects the ability and needs of all students in the class
- Manage classroom behavior to ensure an effective learning environment for all students
- Support students proactively in reaching their learning and approaches to learning goals
- To regularly measure, record and share student progress
- Be familiar with data regarding the academic and pastoral progress of their students
- Provide Subject Coordinators with class data
- Plan in Managebac
- Be familiar with school policies
- Be available outside of lessons to support students
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Arts, or Sports; Master’s degree is advantageous.
- Teaching certification with a focus on Visual Arts and Sports and knowledge of the MYP and DP (IB) curriculum.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in teaching secondary school Visual Arts and Sports.
- In-depth knowledge of the International Baccalaureate curriculum and assessment practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Working Hours / Allowance
- Salary according to experience
If you are interested, please send your application (Cover letter und CV) to:
Our Job Offers:
Zum 12. August 2024 suchen wir eine/n Deutsche/n Klassenlehrer/in in Teilzeit in der Grundschule.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic Secondary School German Teacher and Head of Department.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head of Boarding to support the development and expansion of our boarding programme.