Cologne International School is a vibrant community of 480 students from grades 1 -12, drawn from over 50 countries. We offer the IB PYP, MYP and DP programmes, and are committed to developing future-focussed education of the highest standard. We have recently relocated to a brand new purpose built campus, which includes a boarding house.
We are seeking to appoint a
Deputy Head of Boarding
to support the development and expansion of our boarding programme.
- Certification as a pedagogical specialist (for example, teaching qualification, social pedagogy, therapeutic pedagogy, social work, etc.)
- Three years minimum work experience as full time or part time boarding house educational support
- High degree of independence, persuasiveness, assertiveness and creativity
Assist the Head of Boarding in:
- Developing educational programing for the boarding school
- Personnel planning, management and development
- Professional support and advice for Boarding House Team and boarders
- Coordination of the organizational processes in the Boarding House
- Conception and coordination of the pedagogical objectives of the boarding school
- Continuous exchange and close cooperation between school and administrative departments
As residential Boarding House Assistant:
- Everyday support and promotion of independence for young people aged 15-19 years
- Mentoring pedagogy taking into account individual objectives of the young person
- Development and planning of leisure activities
- Working with parents
- Development of individual support offers
- Networking (schools, authorities, associations, cooperation partners, etc.)
- Participation in regular supervision meetings
- Taking over administrative tasks
- Team meetings
- 35 hours a week in shifts, including evenings, nights and weekends
- 45,000 – 60,000
- 1st March 2024
If you are interested, please send your application (Cover letter und CV) to:
Our Job Offers:
Zum 12. August 2024 suchen wir eine/n Deutsche/n Klassenlehrer/in in Teilzeit in der Grundschule.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic Secondary School German Teacher and Head of Department.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic Secondary School Teacher specializing in Visual Arts and Sports.